Terms of Service
1. Your Acceptance
Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version https://www.sophya.ai/terms-of-service). Sage Learning may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Service, including users who are also contributors of Content on the Service. “Content” includes the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features and other materials you may view on, access through, or contribute to the Service. The Service includes all aspects of Sage Learning.
The Service contains links to and embedded content from third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Sage Learning. Sage Learning has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, Sage Learning will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Service, you expressly relieve Sage Learning from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
3. General Use of the Service
You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses:
the sale of access to the Service;
the monetization or distribution for monetization of any content found, used or produced on a Sage Learning product that is not exclusively your own or that you do not have explicit permission to do so; or
If you use the PDF generator or any video annotation tool, or any tool that involves content that you do not own exclusive copyright to, you may only use these tools and their outputs for educational uses that fall within the Fair Use Policy. By using the Service, you expressly relieve Sage Learning from any and all liability arising from your use of any Sage Learning tool in a way that violates copyright and/or fair use policies and laws.
In your use of the Service, you will comply with all applicable laws.
Sage Learning reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time.
4. Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Service is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Service.
This Non-Disclosure Agreement, dated as of January 1, 2019 (the “Effective Date”) governs the disclosure of information by Sage Learning, Inc. (the “Company”) to the user (the “Recipient”) while using the Service (the “Purpose”).
1. Confidential Information. As used herein, “Confidential Information” shall mean any and all technical and non-technical information that Company provides Recipient, whether in graphic, electronic, written or oral form, and including but not limited to patent applications and other filings, trade secrets, and any other proprietary information, as well as any ideas, techniques, sketches, drawings, works of authorship, models, inventions, know-how, processes, algorithms, software programs, documents, and formulae related to the current, future, and proposed products and services of Company, and also any information concerning any research, experimental work, development, design details and specifications, engineering, financial information, purchasing, customer lists, investors, employees, business and contractual relationships, business forecasts, sales and merchandising, or marketing plans of Company and any information Company provides regarding third parties.
2. Non-Disclosure. Recipient agrees that at all times and notwithstanding any termination or expiration of this Agreement it will hold in strict confidence and not disclose to any third party any Confidential Information except as approved in writing in advance by Company, and will use the Confidential Information for no purpose other than the Purpose. Recipient shall only permit access to Confidential Information to those of its employees or authorized representatives having a need to know and who have signed confidentiality agreements or are otherwise bound by confidentiality obligations at least as restrictive as those contained herein.
3. Notice of Disclosure. Recipient shall immediately notify Company upon discovery of any loss or unauthorized disclosure of the Confidential Information.
4. Use of Confidential Information. All Confidential Information is provided “AS IS,” without any warranty of any kind. Recipient recognizes and agrees that nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as granting it any property rights, by license or otherwise, to any Confidential Information, or to any invention or any patent, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right that has issued or that may issue, based on such Confidential Information. Recipient shall not make, have made, use or sell for any purpose any product or service or other item using, incorporating or derived from any Confidential Information, nor make any filings or registrations based on the receipt or use of the Confidential Information, absent separate written approval of Company.
5. No Reproduction. Confidential Information shall not be reproduced in any form except as required to accomplish the intent of this Agreement. Any reproduction of any Confidential Information shall remain the property of Company and shall contain any and all confidential or proprietary notices or legends which appear on the original.
6. Term. This Agreement shall terminate three (3) years after the Effective Date, or may be terminated by either party at any time upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party; provided, however, Recipient’s obligations under this Agreement shall survive termination of the Agreement between the parties and shall be binding upon the Recipient’s heirs, successors and assigns. Upon termination or expiration of the Agreement, or upon written request of Company, Recipient shall promptly return to the Company all documents and other tangible materials representing the Confidential Information and all copies thereof.
7.1. Amendments and Waivers. Any term of this Agreement may be amended or waived only with the written consent of the Company.
7.2. Sole Agreement. The Agreement sets forth the complete, exclusive and final statement of the agreement between the parties as to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, understandings, negotiations and discussions, whether oral or written, between the parties regarding such subject matter.
7.3. Notices. Any notice required or permitted by this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed sufficient upon delivery, when delivered personally or by overnight courier or sent by email or fax (upon customary confirmation of receipt), or forty-eight (48) hours after being deposited in the U.S. mail as certified or registered mail with postage prepaid, addressed to the party to be notified at such party’s address or fax number as set forth on the signature page or as subsequently modified by written notice.
7.4. Choice of Law. The validity, interpretation, construction and performance of this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to the principles of conflict of laws.
7.5. Severability. If one or more provisions of this Agreement are held to be unenforceable under applicable law, the parties agree to renegotiate such provision in good faith. In the event that the parties cannot reach a mutually agreeable and enforceable replacement for such provision, then (i) such provision shall be excluded from this Agreement, (ii) the balance of the Agreement shall be interpreted as if such provision were so excluded and (iii) the balance of the Agreement shall be enforceable in accordance with its terms.
7.6. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which together will constitute one and the same instrument.
7.7. Assignment. Recipient will not assign or transfer any rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Company. Any such assignment without prior consent shall be null and void from the beginning. Recipient shall not export, directly or indirectly, any technical data acquired from Company pursuant to this Agreement or any product utilizing any such data to any country for which the U.S. Government or any agency thereof at the time of export requires an export license or other governmental approval without first obtaining such license or approval.
7.8. Dispute Resolution. Recipient agrees that upon Company’s request, all disputes arising hereunder shall be adjudicated in the state and federal courts having jurisdiction over disputes arising in The United States of America, Delaware and Recipient hereby agrees to consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts.
7.9. Advice of Counsel. EACH PARTY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT, BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND THEREBY EXECUTING THIS AGREEMENT, SUCH PARTY HAS HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEEK THE ADVICE OF INDEPENDENT LEGAL COUNSEL, AND HAS READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL OF THE TERMS AND PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AGAINST ANY PARTY BY REASON OF THE DRAFTING OR PREPARATION HEREOF.